Thursday, September 27

ahhhhhhhhh

My sister is in labour as I type this...my mom is down there visiting and helping out with everything which I am SOO thankful for because I am SOO worried and wish I was there to help her! It is also bringing back those emotions and feelings that I had from my labour almost exactly a year ago, so I am overcome with worry!

Anyhow, so far things are going ok. And so far it kinda sounds similar to my labour in terms of slowness (she's been in labour since yesterday afternoon and was only 3cm dilated this morning)...and now she is currently getting an epidural. Hopefully she can have the baby naturally and not like me with an emergency c-section. But ultimately, I hope she has the baby by tonite...and of course the main thing being that momma and baby are safe and healthy. Ohhh the stress!


UPDATE: the baby is going through some stress...very slow heartbeat right after contractions which is not normal so they gave her an epidural and are putting a water tube up there since the baby's liquids have been low to begin with...she is trying hard not to have a c-section so if this water tube thing doesn't work then she will have to have one...I'm so worried about the baby though I almost wish she'd just opt for a c-section now...I kind of regret telling her how bad my c-section was....god, how absolutely stressful...I could just cry right now.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Awww ... i can so understand your situation! You have gone through that just one year ago and now you can't be with her. But I'm sure she knows you're all thinking of her and suffering with her.

Lets hope the baby will come soon! Let me know if there's sth new.

Btw ... my sister is also in hospital atm and I can only visit her on Saturday :-( More on that in my blog, later...

Take care and don't worry too much.

Hugs,
Kate

CrashingBison said...

Thanks Kate, I'll let you know if anything new happens...

Oh dear I hope your sister is doing alright....