1. My daughter!!! She's the cutest, most beautiful and cuddliest little girl in the world!!! :)
2. My hubby!! He's the BESTEST EVER!!! HANDS down!
3. My family: they support and love me till no end!
4. My hometown....no matter how far away I get and how much I complain about it, it's always, always nice to go back home. It will be hard to leave if we ever move...especially now raising a child there.
5. My friends; they ALWAYS welcome me back as though I haven't even left!
6. For my country, CANADA! BEST country in the world!!!! I am so lucky to have been raised in this great northern country of ours! Eh!
7. For my job; in this economy, I am VERY grateful that I do have my job to go back to after school. And it's a great and meaningful opportunity to!
8. Great and caring people who pay it forward. Makes me feel full of hope and that people are good after all!
9. Common courtesy and good manners in young people...and respecting your elders philosophy. This still exists...thank God!! I will be instilling it in my children.
10. Common sense!!! I need not say more except, AMEN!
12. Dancing and music! We take many things for granted in this country.
13. Jewellery, especially rings!!! I have welcomed my new love affair with jewellery in the last few years and I've never looked so fashionable! hehe
14. Chocolate! Mmmmmmmmm.....lately it's been Laura Secord's mint chocolate squares!!! oooooh Heaven!!
15. Coffee!!! Oh, good Lord, I could not live without this valuable and delicious commodity!!! Latte's are EXTRA good too!!! YUM!
16. My health! Yeah, I'm doing it!
17. Higher education (although I wish it was like many Scandinavian countries and FREE!); I am able to expand my horizons and learn more about what I LOVE!
18. For the gift of travel: I LOVE seeing the world in a different light and experiencing other cultures!! I'm ALWAYS amazed!
19. Oceans: what a wonderful thing!!! I am so peaceful when I have ever been near it (only a few times in my life and only swam in it near Hawaii and omg, it is EVER salty!).
20. Mountains: I will live near the mountains one day...with my first ever glimpse at the mountains when I was younger, I felt them. They are at the centre of my being.
21. Technology: Phew! What would I do without the internet and my palm pilot?!!
22. Again, my daughter and my husband...they are making me a better person every single day and I want to pay them back by giving them all my heart!!!
23. Compassion and empathy: what would humans do without such feelings?
I have many interesting things on my mind lately...some of which should not bare merit or even be worthy of my valuable time or well-needed brain energy thingies. But of course, some of which, should. (like my research projects, per say)!
I will not go into specifics because, Lord knows, I'm a roller coaster of emotions lately and am probably just rolling around in the frustrations further because of it (think of a dog rolling around in a buffalo's doo-doo, gross I know, but my brother's dog does this ALL the time). And well...it probably has something to do with the lack of sleep that I've been getting due to my first-ever insomniacal life experiences no doubt from the fact that my heart is aching over being away from my child. Oh. And also perhaps due to the frequent, very disturbing and never-ending, noise-till-the-early-hours-in-the-morning, LOUD interruptions (you don't say!).....
In spite of trying to remain positive and kind and open-minded...
I sometimes just don't understand people.
And how they can be so disrespectful.
I could go further into serious issues of scandal and misconduct...
With finally getting a decent sleep last nite (~5 hrs).
But I just wanna say...
I just DON'T GET IT.
I guess that is a good thing too sometimes.
(Less brain energy thingies to be killed)
So, aside from this rather useless post (with very well hidden complaints, I might add!)....
Here is to reminding myself of peace-of-mind and loving others in spite of their differences because you never know what their real life circumstances might be. And finally and most importantly to saving some brain energy thingies for my 17 hour drive back home in 26 DAYS!!!
I am a full-time working mom living in the Canadian Far North. I'm a true Northerner at heart, still residing in "The Last Frontier". I have two young wonderful children, a fantastic husband and a special love affair with handmade jewelry which I'm now delving into creating.