Monday, April 27

A change...will do us good?!

Change is inevitable. 
It is required, really. 
But. It is, no doubt, verrry difficult to deal with.

This is what I've been trying to figure out as to why my 2 year old has, just this week, started to DOWNRIGHT refuse to go to sleep in her own bed. Like seriously, 3 hour tantrums are just not our thing...like c'mon! And all of our previous bedtime methods, which always worked, are just NOT working. We are shocked, to say the least. And we are gathering that 2 year olds are different little people that require different little needs (juuust figured this out tonight although it could be TOTALLY out of whack...who knows?! We don't, that's for sure!!!). And I feel like a big failure in the mommy department right now. Like holy cow, it was a tough night and I'm not sure what the heck we are doing and what we're even gonna do for tomorrow night's bedtime! Oy!

She is currently, however, sound asleep beside her father in our king-sized bed while I sit here on the couch attempting to write my last term paper which is due in a mere 2 days. Procrastination is an evil, evil thing, I tell you. What can I say, since I am on blogger typing this up instead! 

And we're also hoping for some positive news with regards to my father-in-law. And praying that his cancer has not returned. I don't imagine that this is a possibility that anyone would want to hear...ever. Nuff said about that. Don't want to jinx anything.

And all of this while I attempt to work out some inner demons of my own in dealing with all of these changes myself. I am a creature of habit and change makes me leary. I'm not complaining about having to deal with it all. No, not at all. I was heartbroken enough after being away for so long. So bring it on. I will deal with it all in whatever order and in whatever fashion. It is just as I mentioned previously...change is difficult, nonetheless. And I am not bionic or made of steel (although sometimes I like to think I am). I am human. And I make mistakes too. Growing up is a lot more difficult then one would like to think. And growing pains never really end, do they? 

So it is now midnight and I suppose I shall either continue writing that paper or....just go to bed. But *GROAN* my tummy hurts so much!! Oh, did I not mention?! Jody and I have also been dealing with food poisoning all day and night from God knows what! urgh. 

I'm such the good, fantastic complainer today, aren't I?! 
I better get an A+ for that!!  :P
Oh well, it's a free country I suppose...


2 comments:

susie said...

Hope you feel better. I'm no expert, but here's my take on children - right about the time a particular behavior has you at your witt's end they will think of something new to drive you crazy with. This too shall pass. If only they could use their powers for good and not evil!

CrashingBison said...

yes, that was our mantra last nite..."and this too shall pass" heheh!