Sunday, February 3

In the big city...

This isn't gonna be as fun as I thought...it's supposed to be -56c tomorrow with the wind chill! And trust me, YK gets nasty winds from residing near a 'great lake'!! Ohhh, I'm glad I'm staying in the downtown core...I'm gonna have to RUN to get my coffee and to visit that jewellery store!

In other news, we are thinking of heading to NFLD this summer...again...to visit the in-laws and so that they can visit with their grand-daughter. Otherwise they won't get to see her until 2010 sometime, due to all my work and grad school and future pregnancy plans...I got lots going on in my little mind :) And it doesn't sound like they are ever going to visit us...so we'll probably go there this summer and then hold off for 2 years to go visit again. So that I can finish graduate school and have another kid! Oi!

On the diet front, things are going great! I haven't lost significant pounds yet but I'm being alot more realistic with a new and less obssessed goal of losing 1-2 pounds per week. And so far, so good. And my bloating has gone way down and I feel 110% better about eating and about foods in general...I feel like I'm finally over the obssessive stage (for me I think it takes about a solid month) and am now into the long term weight management phase where you are very aware of what you eat and how you eat it. I'm actually thinking of making most of my meals and some foods from scratch. This idea might actually help with our budget being a bit more tightened and it will also give me something extra to focus on and do at home, especially in the winter time where you can't get out as much. We'll see how long that lasts in the summer but really summer is all about eating fresh and raw foods anyways so it shouldn't be too big of a deal. But I do quite enjoy making my weekly loaves of bread :) I haven't even bought any bread in like 3 weeks! And I've started making whole wheat and am tinkering with the recipe each time so that it is good and tasty but also wholesome.

Well I am going to go to bed soon and worry about going for an underground tour of an old gold mine tomorrow morning in the -58c weather!! Boy, this tour better fricken take place in a warm, heated vehicle otherwise I'm just gonna cry!!

No comments: