Wednesday, August 13

Situation critical.

Whoa...I almost didn't' make it yesterday...I had to have an emergency banana before going shopping after work (AND after my workout!!) while on starvation mode...AND I had to drag the husband and my 2 yr old baby girl with me. ALL of these things can contribute to severe modifications to my original and healthy grocery list!

But...I did GOOD! I said "no" to the roll of cookie dough that my husband was trying to shove in my face and "no" to a big bag of chips that my 2 yr old had in her own little cart. And I got mostly fruits, veggies, w.w. bread, chicken and all the other normal stuff on my list! Phew!

So I am personally eating all 'natural' snacks this week (gotta practice what you preach!) like a fruit and celery with a small amount of peanut butter. Although I'm allowing myself one little chocolate square per day for a certain fix; trust me that's been cut down too, from 3 to 1. And I am on day 5 of my holiday detox (from junk food and reduction in sugary foods). Day 5 is piddly, but I need to say it out loud so that I can challenge myself to at least double and then triple it this time!! No more holidays or parties to excuse myself from trying to be a healthy granola nut! teehee :-)

No comments: